The Ranger ZR650 wheel balancer features a rapid six-second cycle time and automatic braking and Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy capability combined. It boasts gram/ounce selection with automatic round-off, split weight indicator for hiding weights, manual start with hood up, automatic start when hood is lowered, millimeter/inch selection, top-dead-center weight position indicator, 6 different balancing modes plus a self calibration program. A top weight tray with multiple storage areas provides ample room to keep a variety of wheel weights, cones and tools. A glare free display screen that swivels for your comfort and ease allows you to position the panel where you need it. A hardened-steel 36-mm, precision-machined, shaft is standard so is the quick-release hub nut and both dramatically reduce set-up times. Equipped with side-positioning pedal to hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement. Sporting a "new style" OPEN SIDE HOOD, the wheel balancer design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes.
Solve complex wheel vibration problems with Drive-Check™ technology
The Ranger ZR650 wheel balancer is more than just a wheel balancer – it’s a highly precise vibration detection balancing solution that simulates driving speed conditions and measures computer-generated imbalance of the tire and wheel assembly automatically. It then recommends the most cost effective weight optimization correction as needed which minimizes weight usage and maximizes productivity. The ZR650 wheel balancer calculates the exact weight necessary to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel combination. A full-menu of time saving features include dynamic, static, and multiple performance alloy settings allowing you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed. Brightly displayed LED indicators mark the exact amount and location in mere seconds. Like all Ranger wheel balancers, the ZR650 wheel balancer is industrial grade built for perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock.
The ZR650's Drive-Check technology dramatically improves rotational measuring typically used to diagnose and repair ride disturbance complications. The highly precise ZR650 wheel balancer performs a computer generated driving simulation then checks and measures the tire/wheel assembly for imbalance and possible runout of the rim and tire. With the ZR650 wheel balancer by Ranger Products, virtually all possible complaints due to rotational imbalance are eliminated before the wheel is mounted on the vehicle.
User friendly controls
A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and helps guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons helping operators identify and command all balancing functions. Bright LED weight placement indicators show weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Aids with clip-on, and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
Multi-directional anti-glare control panel
In order to minimize sunlight glare and increase user productivity the ZR650 wheel balancer features a multi-directional control panel and anti-glare surface that improves touch screen readability. Easy horizontal and vertical adjustment of the control panel minimizes glare and reflections from overhead lights, windows, and other light sources. In addition to multi-angle positioning, the ZR650 wheel balancing control panel features a screen surface that causes light to diffuse and reflect for better visibility.
Quick and Precise Set-Up
Multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
The highly precise and accurate ZR650 wheel balancer features 64-bit architecture and single‐chip technology for unprecedented speed and accuracy - especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels. Single-chip 64-bit architecture provides improved stability and accuracy along with greater application speed and data processing while using less hardware. By reducing hardware, service and maintenance costs are reduced and equipment life cycle is increased. An extremely fast dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds resulting in lower power consumption, reduced heat and increased stability and accuracy.
Multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors
The ZR650 wheel balancer uses highly precise dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors combined with a single digital rotation encoder that measure both longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors used on the ZR650 wheel balancers are very sensitive and offer long-term stability and freedom from fatigue for a service life that is virtually unlimited. The high rigidity quartz crystal sensors result in very high frequency detection in all three directions of measurement.
Mounting Cone Package
The ZR650 wheel balancer tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a heavy-duty truck cone as well. This well equipped package includes three automotive and light truck cones; 1.75” - 2.75”, 2.75” - 3.50”, and 3.50” - 4.25”, and one truck cone 4.50” - 5.00”.
The ZR650 wheel balancer automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration so you use less weight which adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
VALUABLE TIME-SAVING OPTIONS
No More Heavy Lifting
Our optional RWL-350 wheel lift makes light work out of heavy lifting by servicing large, oversize truck and custom wheels that usually require extra effort on part of the technician. The optional RWL-350 pneumatic wheel lift helps technicians mount wheels effortlessly on the balancer, preventing potential injuries and fatigue from manually lifting heavy wheels. The lever-controlled wheel lift quickly raises the wheel and a bearing mounted slider positions them for easy mounting. One handed operation means the technician’s free hand remains able to control the wheel assembly once it is lifted into the mounting position. The portable wheel lift handles wheels up to 350 pounds and takes up minimal space around the balancer.
- Alloy settings: (1) Dynamic, (2) static (including motorcycle-ATV), and (4) performance alloy settings.
- Push button controls for a variety of wheel styles and designs
- Ergonomic control board
- Easy-to-read LED display to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques
- Extremely precise 64-bit architecture
- Single-chip technology
- Drive System: Poly-V belt drive with longitudinal v-shaped ribs that perfectly mesh with the motor and spindle sheave grooves for continuous distribution and tension
- Gram / ounce selection
- Millimeter / inch selection
- Weight position indicators, dual function for either top-dead-center or bottom-dead-center weight positions
- Rolling wheel parameter setting (automatic)
- Low RPM balancing speed
- Rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Hood lowering manual or automatic start
- Self calibration function
- Dual-voltage either 110 / 220V, 50 / 60HZ, single-phase
- High-volume top weight tray
- Side shelf storage
- Hardened-steel 36-mm shaft -Precision-machined
- Quick-release hub nut reduces set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at 12-o’clock for best weight placement.
- Side cone storage pegs
- Open-side hood design
- Centering cones included: 3 standard / 1 truck
- Swivel display screen:
- Top positioning weight locator
- Inside & outside measuring
- Millimeter / inches selection
- Ounce / gram selection
- Wheel offset distance setting: manual
- Self-calibration function
- Auto start when hood is lowered
- Wheel calipers
- Rear cone mount spring
- No-mar rear cone mount pressure cup
- Quick-release & mount hub nut
- Maximum tire diameter: 50"
- Max tire weight: 150 pounds (68 kg)
- Max. wheel diameter: 30"
- Wheel width capacity: 2" - 20"
- Balancing increments: 0.25 or 0.01 oz
- Balancing speed: 180 rpm
- Accuracy: +/- .5 gram / .025 oz
- Resolution (round off mode): 5 gram / .25 oz.
- Weight (shipping): 412 lbs. / 187 kg
- Working temperature: -5C / 27F - 50C / 82F
- Drive system: Poly-V belt
- Cycle time: 6 - 9 seconds (avg.) depending on wheel
- Balancing modes: 1 dynamic / 2 static / 4 alloy
- Wheel spin braking: automatic / electronic
- Wheel holding: manual brake pedal standard
Featured accessories for the ZR650
|(4) Centering cones:||3 standard / 1 truck
|Max tire diameter:||50"|
|Max tire weight:||150 lbs.|
|Wheel diameter capacities:||30"|
|Wheel width capacities:||2" - 20"|
||6 - 9 seconds (avg)