The R980NXT NextGen™ tire changer is just another one of the Ranger ergonomic, powerful, safe, durable high performance changers available. This machine was designed to be the best and handle the most. NextGen Series R980NXT has a space-saving swing-arm tire changer that requires little floor space than the original tilt-back designs and it's features are a proprietary dual-roller bead press mounting system (with multiple pressing arms and a quick-change tool holder). Extra powerful bead rollers sporting a quick-change lower disc roller and a centering cone helps with clamping, lubricating, demounting, mounting and inflating even on difficult tire and wheel combinations.
What you get:
• High-torque electric turntable drive Increased speed and reversible direction. Controlled speed for low profile and run-flat beads time to reduce the risk of tire damage.
• Improved electric motor The best of proven technologies, rugged copper rotor construction, high-quality, stronger ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, durable rolled steel frames. All motors are 110-208/230V and 50-60 hertz capable.
• A powerful bead press Mounting system features traveling bead rollers, quick-change lower disc roller and centering cone, easy lubricating, demounting, mounting and inflation difficult tire and wheel combinations.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders designed for long life operation and to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction. End-of-stroke cushions (internal) are standard and help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to rescue wear on seals, band and piston rod.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures using a unique equi dimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface.
• Quick-change tool head chuck provides tool head axis positioning for pinpoint wheel edge tracking within a wide range of wheel diameters and tire and wheel combination minimizing tire damage and relaxing the strain on low profile tire beads.
• A balanced flywheel to assist the machine to run smoothly, reduce vibration, and minimize stress on other machinery components.
• A new proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. No more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation because it is now 100% stainless-steel cylinder body. Other exclusive design features include a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tire and wheel combinations, a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tire capacity.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of performance with dependable service. A large rubber bump-stop for smooth return to help reduce shock loading and lessen wear on the pneumatic cylinder, the guides and any associated moving parts.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• Adjustable, Dual positioning RimGuard™ wheel clamps accommodate wheels 10” up to 33” and have internal and external multi-teeth jaws.
• A geometric tabletop for easier bead lubrication allowing operators to make better visual inspections of the lower bead during procedures.
• Durable forged steel foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use in high-volume tire centers. Precise and controlled operation because of the snap action spring return.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement with bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Generation™ tire changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance, smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance. Ranger tire changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* (a powerful air burst between the tire and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast). A strong, non-marring nylon discharge barrel with a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control. An 8 gallon, welded steel surge tank that's larger than competitive models gives you all the inflation power you need, where and when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication. Internal baffles with a constant seating stress flange gasket for positive, leak-free venting. With a rugged gearbox enclosure that is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and also features precision helical gears that operate more smoothly and quietly than any typical spur gear transmissions.
• Plenty of storage area for tools and accessories.
• We throw in a hardened steel tire iron and bead lever tool.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. The Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of ozone, weather and aging, oil, and heat.
• 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm.
• An easy to use tire inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose features sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve to lower tire pressure with a simple push of a button.
Other important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit including turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to protect delicate wheels.• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add an extra level of versatility.
- Multi-link rod connections
- Polyurethane pneumatic tubing
- TurboBlast™ bead seating system
- Maintenance-free gearbox
- Wheel service accessories
- Wheel protector kit
- Tire iron and bead lever tool
- Sealed motor, switch, terminal enclosures
- Specially engineered drive-belt
- 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft
- Foot-pedal operation - tire inflator
- Inflation gauge with air dump valve
- Inflation pressure regulator / limiter
- Air regulator
- Breaker bar
- Large Bucket with soap and brush
- Upper bead assist roller
- Traveling drop-center hold down devise
- Inflation restraint device
- Tool tray / bin storage
- High-torque electric turntable
- Improved electric motor
- Powerful bead press mounting system
- Stainless-steel & aluminum pneumatic cylinders
- Alloy steel mount/demount head
- Quick-change tool head chuck
- Unique bead-breaker design
- Fast bead-breaker speeds
- Multi-axis, adjustable blade
- Adjustable blade settings
- Enhanced bead breaker arm
- Large rubber bump-stop
- Pneumatic control valves
- Adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps
- Geometric tabletop
- Forged steel foot pedal levers
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps
- Drive system type: electric / air
- Motor: 2 Hp / 110 - 220 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz
- Air requirement: 140 - 165 psi / 10 - 11 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Power assist towers: single
- Tool holder: manual lock
- Tower design: rigid fixed / swing arm
- Bead lifting roller: single / tool insert
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner position): 11-1/2" – 24" / 292 mm - 610 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 10" – 22" / 254 mm - 559 mm
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner postion): 13" – 25-1/2" / 330 mm - 647 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 11-1/2" – 23-1/2" / 292 mm - 597 mm
- Turntable tire width capacity mount: 3" – 15" / 76 mm – 381 mm
- Bead breaker tire width capacity demount: 3-1/2" – 15" / 89 mm – 381 mm
- Maximum tire diameter: 50" / 1,270 mm
- Shipping weight: 868 lbs. / 394 kg
Featured accessories for the R980NXT- DISCONTINUED
|Drive system:||electric / air|
|Air requirement:||140 - 165 psi|
|Drive System:||electric / air
|Clamping method:||4 clamps|
|Internal clamping (inner):||13" – 25 1/2"|
|External clamping (outer):||11 1/2" – 23 /2"|