longer spindle provide the arbor with enough support to handle even your heaviest drums, rotors, and flywheels.
This awesome durable RL-8500XLT brake lathe resurfaces brakes faster, better and more precisely than any other brake lathe on the market today. Brother to the RL-8500, the RL-8500XLT has new features like unlimited feed rate settings, which allows you to modify resurfacing rates with a turn of the dial. You can decrease or increase the cut duration for a perfect finish whether you’re rushing through the first rough cut or performing a single-pass micro-finish. The Ranger RL-8500XLT brake lathe is the "total package" and has a sturdy bench plus plenty of tool storage backboards to keep all your adapters nearby.
The RL-8500XLT Heavy-Duty Combination Brake Lathe by Ranger is the future of brake lathe technology. Having the classic design auto pros and technicians are familiar with yet cutting edge technology. We’ve removed any need for cumbersome mechanical gear boxes and transmissions by implementing DC servo motor controls for the cross feed and spindle feed drives. This Brake Lathe dramatically decreases lifetime repair and maintenance costs when compared to other units.
Vibration and chatter transfer are the most common problems that other brake lathes have and it directly affects the tool-tip and can leave imperfect cuts on machined surfaces. The RL-8500 Brake Lathe by Ranger eliminates the need for gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices by design.
Ranger brake lathes replaced transmission / gears found on other brands. Brake rotors are very smooth. If you were turning a rotor on any lathe and drop a hammer on the floor next to the lathe you are turning, you would see a noticeable degradation of the cut right at the moment you dropped the hammer (of impact). Vibration causes frequencies, these frequencies get transferred to the finished cut. You won' t have this problem with the Ranger RL-8500 brake lathe because it does not use gears and transmissions. Ranger has completely eliminated multiple frequencies, eliminating any degradation on the machining finish. Surface roughness is usually the result of improper material properties, spindle rotational speed, tool feed rate, tool geometry, and relative tool-work vibration. Vibrations and noise from gears is eliminated also.
The Ranger RL-8500XLT Combination Brake Lathe is very heavy-duty, has extended capacity and the capability of truing a full 10-inch deep drum brake. This method eliminates complicated gear boxes and transmissions normally seen on mechanical-driven lathes. Featuring an independent DC servo motor(s) and including extended adapter kit, lathe, bench, and some accessories.
|Long lasting performance
Forty years ago, Ranger introduced the design of their RL-8500 combination brake lathe. It is a favorite of brake technicians and professionals everywhere. It's simple, fast, precise and runs forever. Featuring a Ranger twin-cutter tool head with micrometer dials and quick drum-to-rotor changeover. Quickly rough cut rotors or go slow and give them a fine, smooth cut using the adjustable speed settings. Variable speed allow for an infinitely adjustable spindle-feed gear box providing finish cuts that exceed factory specs. The Ranger negative rake tooling yields one pass finish cuts every time. Use a multitude of tooling and adapter choices from either Ranger or other aftermarket suppliers that fit the standard 1" arbor. Here is the new Ranger RL-8500XLT.
|Look Mom No Gears! Transmission free
Reduces service and repair costs because of the Ranger, by design, non existent gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices.
|Servo motors -dual
The innovative RL8500XLT brake lathe uses independent DC servomotors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions
Includes Heavy Duty Bench
Rotors to drums change easily
The plastic storage case holds the micro-dial twin tool cutter,
1" arbor, arbor nut, back load spring, spare bulb for lamp, illustrated instruction manual, boring bar, spacers, double-taper adapters, hub less adapters, carbide cutting tools,inside floating adapters, self-aligning spacer, outside floating adapter, centering cones, 6-sided carbide cutting inserts, wrenches, and high-impact anti-vibration bands.
|Safe and easy to use
Our ergonomic design allows you to work fast and easy. Designed for minimal operator movement there are up-front controls. Large sturdy bench with tool storage boards provide space for accessories and adapters.
|Dual work lamps
Keep your work area well lit with the 2 LED extra bright work lamps.
Large funnel and bin collects chips and keeps your shop clean and safe.
|Truck adapter set - Optional
Enormous 32 piece set with a massive 1 7/8" arbor that allows you to expand coverage to handle most drums up to a 28" diameter with up to an 8" center hole and rotors up to 17" in diameter with up to an 8" center hole. Adapter package consists of a wide variety of adapters. Ask for SKU 5150161
Rugged, user-friendly and hassle-free
Ranger brake lathes are not only easy to operate and durable enough to withstand the every day abuses of a busy shop environment but they are made from super-heavy, forged, hardened, cast iron and then combined with precision ground components and massive "floating spindles" to make this the toughest, trouble-free and most dependable machine you'll ever own.
Always at your service
Wrenchers Warehouse sell Ranger because it is
professional preference worldwide and superior quality, durability and precision. You can rely on Wrenchers Warehouse and Ranger to deliver the right tools for the job. As your preferred supplier of quality automotive service equipment, our goal is simple: give our customers the best quality and value with the best service and support possible. We don’t just believe in selling the product we believe in the automotive equipment solutions that make your job easier.
The Ranger RL-8500XLT brake lathe has more features than you thought: flexibility, better performance, extra utility, and additional productivity. It's the best and soundest investment for your business. See for yourself:
- Top storage tray - tools are kept within short reach
- Separate drum and rotor motors maximize efficiency
- Standard adapter package includes Quick-Change hub less adapter system
- Machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks using the variety of adapters included
- Cast iron body and a solid work bench weighing 450-lb. reduces transient vibrations
- Choose 150 or 200 rpm to easily change arbor speeds in seconds: depending on the job
- 1-pass finish virtually every time using positive rake cutter tip angle allowing you to complete your work faster and better
- Rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- The RL-8500 uses precision electric DC servo motors, in contrast to mechanically-driven transmission, which is designed to handle demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones with the Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system
- Works on foreign and domestic, cars and trucks, with hub less drums, rotors and composite rotors
- Equipped with features that increase your service capability,
- Precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- spindle and cross feed speed settings, infinitely variable, makes quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Ergonomic controls for minimal operator movement
- Easy to learn and master.
- Maintains accuracy
- Heavy duty components, such as a precision ground spindle (that resists grooving) and makes boots obsolete
- Massive tapered spindle bearings for weight support
- "Splash-lube" oil-feed system for a constant flow of oil to the bearings
- Faster, quieter operation, reduced noise and vibration because we use a Serpentine belt
- Independent cross-feed motor eliminates shear gears
- Truck adapter kit available - Optional
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2 1/2"
- Max rotor diameter: 17"
- Spindle travel: 9-7/8"
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Cross feed speed: (∞) 0 - .010" per revolution / 0 - 0.25 mm per revolution
- Spindle feed speed:(∞) 0 - .020" per revolution / 0 - 0.55 mm per revolution
- Overall mounted height: 62"
- Spindle to floor (mounted): 39-1/2"
- Required floor space (width): 53"
- Required floor space (depth): 36"
- Weight (shipping) including bench and tools: 720 lbs.
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28"
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. Max load with optional 1 7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs.
Featured accessories for the RL-8500XLT
|Max load optional 1 7/8" arbor:||250 lbs.|
|Max spindle speed:
|Max load 1" arbor:||150 lbs.
|Spindle travel:||9 7/8"|
|Max rotor thickness:||2 1/2"
|Max rotor diameter:||17"
|Max drum diameter:||28"