The Ranger DST2420 wheel balancer now handles wheels up to 30”diameter. New and Improved! It is a highly accurate and dependable machine that features Rangers proprietary Digital Sensor Technology* for total reliability. The DST2420 is built with a dependability and toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels every time. Features Rangers proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST2420 automatically calculates the exact weight needed to achieve an optimal balance. The brightly displayed LED’s mark the exact weight amount and placement location in just six seconds. Features includes Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings that allow you to balance with minimal effort and speed.
*Digital Sensor Technology
A 16-digit digital signal processor and single-chip technology increases productivity and offers speed and accuracy--especially great when needing sophisticated balance and weight placement required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
The single-chip circuit board architecture provides a performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations. The single-chip architecture significantly boosts device throughput and overall latency reductions. A super fast "dedicated" hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at super fast speeds. A solution that offers unmatched integration of features and functionality resulting in dissipated heat and in lower power consumption.
Multi-Directional Quartz Piezoelectric Load Sensors
Using a highly precise dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensor(s) that are combined with a single digital rotation encoder this DST-2420 measure both longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force and unbalance detection. Very sensitive sensors offer long-term stability and freedom from fatigue. The high rigidity quartz crystal sensors result in super high frequency detection in all three directions of measurement.
Precise and Quick Set-Up
Minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage using the multi-size center cones and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter. Quick and easy mounting.
Mounting Cone Package
The DST2420 has a tooling package that not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, it also includes a heavy-duty truck cone and spacer ring. You will be well equipped with this package. Includes three automotive and light truck cones; 1.75” - 2.75”, 2.75” - 3.50”, and 3.50” - 4.25”, and one truck cone 4.50” - 5.00”.
This system automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve optimal balance. You will use less weight, spend less time and that adds up to real savings.
Wheel Graphic Interface
Graphics (pictures) to simplify the process. Using the touch-pad display panel tire and wheel assembly graphics aids in speedy entry of wheel data and helps technicians through balancing procedures. Labeled operator function keys are simple and easy-to-read.
Rolling Wheel Weight Displays -LED
LED weight placement indicators show weight placement positions with a bright light. It displays as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden techniques. This is great for clip-on and tape weight placement at precise locations. Go for the zero-on balancing every time.
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection
- Millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off
- Top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators for hidden or split weight placement
- Hood Lowering Manual or automatic start
- Self calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray for tools
- Side shelf storage for wide variety of wheel weights
- Hardened-steel 36-mm shaft (Precision-machined)
- Quick-release hub nut
- Side-position brake for proper weight placement
- Side cone storage pegs
- New “open-side” hood design for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Multi Settings: Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy
- An ergonomic control board
- Easy-to-read LED display with vibrant visual cues and keypad
- With the simple push of a button, a simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs
- Saves valuable time and minimizes errors with the Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature
- Low RPM balancing speed
- Rapid six-second cycle time
- Motor: 1.5 hp / 110V/220V 50/60HZ 1Ph..
- Working temperature: -5C/27F - 50C/82F
- Drive system: belt drive
- Cycle time: 6 - 9 seconds (avg.)
- Balancing modes: dynamic / static / 3-alloy
- Top positioning weight locator
- Inside & outside measuring
- Millimeter / inches selection
- Ounce / gram selection
- Self-calibration function
- Auto start when hood is lowered
- Wheel holding manual brake pedal
- Wheel calipers
- Rear cone mount spring
- No-mar rear cone mount pressure cup
- Quick-release & mount hub nut
- Maximum tire diameter: 47"
- Max tire weight: 145 pounds (65 kg)
- Max. wheel diameter: 10" - 30"
- Wheel width capacity: 2" - 18"
- Balancing increments: 0.25 or 0.01 oz
- Balancing speed: 180 rpm
- Accuracy: +/- 1 gram / .035 oz
- Resolution (round off mode): 0.01 ounce, 1.4°
- Weight (shipping): 398 lbs.
- Wheel offset distance setting: manual
- Wheel spin braking: automatic / electronic
- Centering cones included: 3 standard / 1 truck
- Truck cone / spacer ring adapter set: included
Featured accessories for the DST-2420
|Cycle time:||6‐9 sec (avg.)|
|Max tire diameter:||47"|
|Max tire weight:||145 lbs.|
||1 1/2 hp
||Poly-V belt drive|
|Wheel diameter capacities:||10" - 30"|
|Wheel width capacities:||2" - 18"|